Founding & Managing Partner
Amy A. Laughlin is the founder and managing partner. Her practice is devoted to handling complex financial and custody matters, including business valuations, venture capital, allocation of equity interests, tax and property characterization, spousal and child support, move-away requests, Child Protective Services investigations and domestic violence. In addition to doing traditional divorce representation, Ms. Laughlin is a mediator and acts as a consulting counsel to mediations. She also prepares and negotiates premarital and post-marital agreements.
Amy is a committed and active member of the community and has served in positions of leadership throughout the Bay Area, including the boards of Legal Services for Children, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School, Today’s Youth Matter, and the San Mateo Public Library.
Prior to founding Laughlin Legal, PC, Amy practiced at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP in San Francisco, specializing in securities class actions, white-collar crime, and other litigation involving breaches of fiduciary duty.
Amy attended the University of Michigan Law School and graduated with honors. She also has a MFA in creative writing.
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Honors: With Honors
- Legal Services for Children, Board Member & President, 1994 to 1999
- Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund, Partner, 2001 to 2005
- Today's Youth Matter, Board Member, 1998 to 2001
- San Mateo Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Santa Clara Bar Association
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP
- Complex Family Law Matters