Last year saw many things. This includes a wide range of married celebrity couples announcing that they had decided to go their separate ways.
Here is a recap of some of the celebrity couples who made announcements last year that they were ending their marriage:
- Ant McPartlin and Lisa Armstrong
- Claire Foy and Stephen Campbell
- Jennifer Aniston and Jason Theroux
- Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum
- Karen and Clifton
- Lucy-Jo Hudson and Alan Halsall
- Usher and Grace Miguel
The desire to keep a divorce amicable
One common element in many of the divorce announcements by celebrities in 2018 were statements saying that, despite the marriage ending, the splitting couple planned to continue having an amicable relationship with one another.
A desire to keep things amicable during and after a divorce is not unique to celebrity splits. Couples from all different backgrounds can have this goal. Keeping things amicable can have a lot of benefits, including:
- Avoiding long and costly disputes in the divorce
- Keeping conflict from getting in the way of focusing on what is best for the future
- Making it easier to work together on things like raising the kids
Pursuing an amicable divorce
Now, given the complex issues and strong emotions that go with a divorce, keeping a divorce amicable can have its challenges. There are a variety of strategies that can be used for addressing these challenges. Skilled family law attorneys can give divorcing individuals who are pursuing an amicable divorce guidance on what such strategies might be the best fit for them given their circumstances and goals.