Lucas M. Pastuszka
Lucas M. Pastuszka is a Managing Associate with Laughlin Legal, PC, whose legal practice involves estate planning, wealth transfer planning, retirement planning, trust administration, and probate, as well as income, estate, and gift taxation.
During law school, Lucas received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for his work with University of California, San Francisco Medical Center patients in areas of advance health care planning, estate planning, public benefits, and other legal matters.
Lucas previously interned at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel's Small Business and Self-Employed Division, where he observed the inner-workings of the IRS and gained valuable tax compliance insight. He also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Andrew Y.S. Cheng and the Honorable Judge Peter J. Busch at the Probate Department of the Superior Court of California in San Francisco.
Prior to joining Laughlin Legal, PC, Lucas gained valuable experience by working at a trust and estates firm providing estate planning and tax services for high-net-worth individuals, a trust and estates firm with an active trust and estates litigation division, as well as at a high volume estate planning practice.
When Lucas is not in the office, he enjoys spending his leisure time swimming, doing archery, ballroom dancing, water coloring, spinning poi, and entertaining children as Batman.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctorate with Tax Concentration
- Santa Clara University
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science with pre-law emphasis
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology and Spanish
- Planning Commissioner for the City of Saratoga, 2018 to 2019
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), 2014 to 2016
Current Employment Position
- Managing Associate