Laughlin Legal, PC: Family Law Group has an immediate opening for a mid-level family law
associate. We are a team of five attorneys, two paralegals, and one legal assistant who provide
outstanding legal representation in high asset cases for all areas of family law. Our team holds an
extraordinarily high standard for work product and client services.
We are looking for an attorney with at least 3 years of family law experience. The desired
candidate will have excellent communication and writing skills, provide high-level client service,
and must be a quick learner. Sharp attention to detail is required. This will be a remote position,
for now, with the exception of specific appearances as necessary (i.e. court appearances pending
COVID-19, depositions, etc.). Our beautiful office is located in Foster City and will reopen
likely at the end of 2021.
- Candidate will build a caseload with our Founder and Managing Partner and must
possess the ability to independently prioritize assignments, work on a number of
assignments simultaneously, and regularly meet high-level client demands.
- Our firm prides itself on client care. This requires that our team members respond to all
client inquiries within thirty minutes.
- Strong writing skills and high productivity is required. The associate will draft motions,
pleadings, letters, MPAs, and other documents.
- Possess litigation skills, including court appearances, taking depositions, and trial
- Candidate must be proficient in California Family Code, California Rules of Court, and
local rules. Knowledge of judicial procedures and rules of evidence is necessary.
- Proficiency in LexisNexis, DissoMaster, Dropbox, Lawyaw, and Clio is a plus.
Our firm has extremely competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses, 401-k, health, dental,
vision, and life insurance.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to Amy
Laughlin at [email protected] with the subject line “Mid-Level Associate
Application.” Please be advised that your application will not be considered if it does not contain
all of the above-listed required materials. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible
and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. All applications will be held
in strict confidence. Please no inquiries or phone calls.