Toriana S. Holmes
Toriana received her J.D. from Golden Gate University of Law and her undergraduate degree from Santa Clara University. While at Golden Gate, Toriana clerked for the Honorable Kathleen Kelly at San Francisco’s Youth Guidance Center of the San Francisco Superior Court. Following law school, Toriana worked as an associate at Severson & Werson, PC.
Before joining Laughlin Legal, PC, Toriana worked at the firm of Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP where she practiced in numerous areas, including elder abuse, securities, financial fraud, business and consumer litigation, and antitrust. Toriana was selected as a Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star in 2018 and 2019.
From July 2018 – July 2019, Toriana served as a member and committee chair of the San Mateo County Civil Grand Jury.
Toriana currently serves on the Board of Directors for Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (“CORA”). Her dedication and work with CORA has helped Toriana in her practice to represent and advocate for victims of domestic violence.
Toriana also volunteers as an attorney coach for Junipero Serra High School’s mock trial team. She has spent the last three years working with students at Serra to prepare for the annual San Mateo County High School Mock Trial competition.
When not working, Toriana enjoys spending time with her family and her dog.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2011
- Santa Clara University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Sociology
- California, 2012
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Joseph and Ruth Zukor Endowed Law Scholarship Recipient
- Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member, 2012
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member, 2012
- Severson & Werson, Associate, 2012 to 2016
- Severson & Werson, Case Assistant/Clerk, 2008 to 2012
- Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, Associate